Who is Dr Peter Lynch?
Peter Lynch is the founding principal of dci lyncon.
He has consulted to firms and individual practitioners within the legal profession since 1996, and has published on practice management issues in Proctor and in Law Practice Management.
People who have become principals of firms during this time would be familiar with Peter in his contracted role as Director of the Practice Management Course operated by the Queensland Law Society. During that time he has worked with over 1,400 solicitors either setting up practices in their own right or entering partnership with others. On many occasions, these practice feasibility advices and consultations have led to career-defining decisions.
As a consequence of his consulting work, his direction of the Practice Management Course, and his development of Australia’s first Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice, Peter is in the privileged position of being exposed to an extremely wide range of practice structures and operating styles from national firms, to boutique partnerships, to sole practitioners.
From July 2005, Peter committed to the full time development and operation of dci lyncon as a premier boutique consultancy for legal practice direction and improvement.
He has a strong multidisciplinary background in commerce, as a business owner, and as a practising professional. His practical down-to-earth orientation is backed up by a capacity for analytical rigour – his PhD theory on itinerant microfirms earning the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management Best Paper Award.
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Master of Business Administration (Advanced)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Chartered Accountant (ret’d 2009)
- Member – Australian Legal Practice Management Association
- Professional Member – Academy of Management (USA) (ret’d 2012)
- Professional Member – Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ret’d 2012)
- Nationally Accredited Mediator – Australian Mediation Association
Current notable positions of responsibility:
- Director – K M Smith Funeral Directors
- Chairman – K M Smith Funeral Directors Marketing Committee
- Managing Director – dci lyncon Pty Ltd
- Judge – ALPMA National Business Innovation Awards
- Principal – LYNCH + KAFROUNI Commercial Mediators
Previous notable positions of responsibility:
- Director – Tourism Queensland
- Director – Queensland Motorways Limited
- Chairman – Queensland Motorways Limited Nomination & Remuneration Committee
- Chairman – Queensland Motorways Limited Business & Development Committee
- Executive Committee – Australian Legal Practice Management Association (Qld)
- Vice President – Australian Legal Practice Management Association (Qld)
- Judge – ALPMA National Business Improvement Awards
- Judge – ALPMA Seldon Gill Business Services Career Development Award
- Chairman – Queensland Property Council
- President – Housing Industry Association
- Director – UQ Business School MBA Program
- Academic Director – Queensland Law Society Practice Management Course
- Director and shareholder – Dixon Group of Companies
- Advisory Chairman# – KND Digital
# Not a director of the firm within the ASIC meaning
- Royal Queensland Golf Club
Further details of awards gained and academic papers delivered are available on request